SECURITY GUARD TRAINING
Guard Force Security guarantees to have the most highly-trained and knowledgeable security guards due to our investigative background checks and the intense training we provide. Guard Force arranges an extensive background check before hiring a security guard. Guard Force Security uses BCI (Background Check Incorporated) to conduct all of the background checks on all potential employees to ensure they are fully capable of withholding the company image and professionalism Guard Force Security has set forth.
Guard Force’s approach to the training and development of security staff incorporates extensive classroom and position-specific sessions that begin with the officer’s initial assignment and continue throughout a security officers career.
At Guard Force Security, training and development is more than a one-time event. We continue to develop our security officers to their utmost ability – consistent with our security staff’s career goals and client need. Our training program can be custom-tailored to each client’s needs.
The following is a list of all the pre-employment screening measures that Guard Force conducts:
- Civil Court History and Criminal Court History;
- Drug Testing (drug tests are also conducted randomly throughout their career);
- Motor Vehicle Report (for possible patrol car drivers);
- Personal Reference Check;
- Previous Employment Verification;
- Professional Reference Check; and
- Worker’s Compensation Report.
Guard Force Security invests in our security guards safety and we send them to exclusive training in the county in which they live.
The following is a list of training our security guards go through:
- Arrest Procedures for Security Personnel
- Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs)
- Basic Law for Security Officers
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Client Relations / Service Attitude
- Earthquake, Fire, and Bomb Threats
- Firearm Permits, State Certification Course; First Aid
- Observation Skills and Reporting
- Power to Arrest / Guard Card
- Pr-24 Baton Certification
- Report Writing; Security Patrol Procedures, Introduction
- Tear Gas, Mace and Pepper Spray / Permit
- Union Strike Preparedness; and WMD Training and Preparedness
We also conduct more extensive and ongoing training throughout their career at Citiguard at our training facility which is located in the Antelope Valley.
The following is a list of some of the more extensive training that Guard Force Security provides to their employees:
- Antiterrorism techniques
- Becoming a good listener as a public minded officer
- Being a credible witness in court of law
- Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards
- Complete apprehension and arrest procedures
- Crowd control
- Department of Transportation
- Emergency evacuation techniques
- Maritime Transportation Security Act
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Personal hygiene
- Proper report writing techniques
- Public relations
- Sexual harassment training
- Specific training and usage of verbal de-escalation techniques
- Surveillance techniques
- Workplace safety instructions